Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Apple Book Completed - September 8, 2010

Today Jade completed colouring the pictures for "My Apple Book". She did a really good job of drawing the emotions the apples were feeling. For each page I asked her what made her happy, sad, sleepy and angry. She told me I make her angry. But she also told me I make her happy so I guess it evens out! Her favourite part was cutting up one of the apple pictures. She glued the pictures in with a little help (she didn't want her hands to get sticky) and afterward she read the book to me with no help.



Before bed she practiced her reading words and we read How to Make An Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman. Jade used her globe to find the countries mentioned in the book. As much as I am not a fan of Bratz, I really do like this globe. I'm impressed with all the information it gives. And since we found it for a few dollars at the thrift store - even better! She was excited to find Madagascar on her own (her favourite Leapster Explorer game is The Penguins of Madagascar) and when she found Turkey she thought the name was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment