Monday, September 13, 2010

Ocean Wonders

Today was the first day of Jade's Ocean Wonders course at a local community centre. She came home with several crafts: a painting, a map of a lake, and a Jelly Fish. The teacher said she took extra time with her Jelly Fish making sure it had a lot of purple dots. After her Oceans class she had 30 minutes of gym class.

While Jade was busy learning about the oceans, Colt and I went to an early years centre to play. At snack time he sat at the table with all the kids and he was not the first one back up to play. That is a huge improvement.

This afternoon Jade and I drawed a parking lot on a piece of paper. I wrote the numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 in the parking spaces. Next time I will have her write the numbers in. Not sure why I didn't think of that this time! lol Then I would tell her where her car wants to park and she would put it in the correct spot. To make it more fun I let her tell me where to park the car as well. Good for practicing number recognition and you can change the numbers depending on what numbers your child is working on recognizing.


2 comments:

  1. Great idea with the car! I could use some new ideas for number and letter recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the little ones enjoy it Christine. I love teaching ideas that use things I already have at home!

    ReplyDelete